Premier League Weekend Results Round Up

This week, it was the time that every season ticket holder realised that to be a fan, you now had to forsake your whole weekend, as Friday night football returned. The match was on the south coast as Brighton, themselves in need of a moral boosting home victory took on the recently  rejuvenated West Ham, whose manager Manual Pelligrini is starting to show exactly why the West Ham board took the gamble and hired him.

The match itself was was entertaining and seemed to be a complete sell out, which makes the argument for Friday night football valid. It was settled by a solitary Glen Murray strike in the first half although travelling Hammers fans will wonder how they never got an equaliser, having dominated the rest of the game.

Saturday saw no early kick off as the Friday night game seemed to take care of that for the TV companies. There were five regular 15:00 kick offs and one late kick off. 

Burnley took on Huddersfield, with both teams needing goals and points. An early Sam Voakes goal gave Burnley a deserved lead but Huddersfield clawed there way back and it ended 1-1.

Palace v Wolves seemed a dull affair with little to excite the fans of either side. It took a Matt Doherty second half strike to give Wolves all three points.


Leicester v Everton was always going to be a tight encounter with the bookies struggling to separate them. It was Everton who came out on top 1-2 with a lovely strike from Gylfi Sigurdsson. Wes Morgan saw red fir the second time in three games for Leicester.

Tottenham played Cardiff at Wembley three days after entertaining and losing to Barcelona at the same venue. The stadium was half empty due to ticket restrictions as Cardiff tried to get a much needed win. An early Eric Dier goal put Spurs up and even though Cardiff’s Joe Ralls was shown a straight red, that’s how the game ended, 1-0 to Spurs. More importantly for Spurs, it put them one point away from the leaders.

Watford and Bournemouth saw Bournemouth take a convincing first half, 3 goal lead really putting an end to this as a match.  Watford had Kabaselle sent off for two yellow cards and a brace from Josh King  put the Cherries in complete control eventually winning 0-4.

Man Utd were two goals down within ten minutes at home to Newcastle and if things couldn’t get worse for Mourinho he substituted one of his centre halves as the second goal went in. As this was written Jose Mourinho was still in charge and there second half strikes from Mata, Martial and Sanchez secured all 3 points for Utd and maybe keep Mourinho for another week.

Sunday saw the other three matches with a London Derby in Fulham v Arsenal and it was Arsenal who took the lead by Lacazette. An equaliser before half time from Andre Schurrle brought Fulham level before half time. A further Lacazette strike and a Ramsay goal followed by a brace from Aubemeyang  made it comfortable for Arsenal 1-5.

Chelsea outplayed Southampton at St Marys ending 0-3. Eden Hazard opened the scoring and Ross Barkley and Moratta finished the victory.

Then came the top two battling it out at Anfield. Of all the promises and a missed penalty by Ryhad Mahrez the game ended Liverpool 0-0 Man City.



Latest Articles

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts